We have procrastinated long enough, and finally took the first step in transforming our kitchen.

Wednesday evening I was greeted with this thing on our porch:




Wait for it....

Wait for it..........


Can you hear the angels singing as the door is opened? Because that's what I hear when I look at this picture. It's an Avanti 32 bottle wine refridgerator. I feel so fancy. And old. Cause I only ever see these in old fancy people's homes. But that's okay because I'm going to have 32 bottles of perfectly chilled chardonnay at my fingertips 24/7, can it get much better than that?

This is the first step to our kitchen reno, because this new appliance can't just sit on the wall by itself.

See how odd it looks? (aside from the mess, just ignore that part)



So, this is what I came up with a while ago. Right after we first moved in, I knew I wanted to add more counter/storage space, and fix that weird empty triangle gap that served no purpose.

So this is what it should look like very soon:


...a real life, non-photoshopped version, of course.

We have a carpenter working on it right now and it should be installed Monday. It will have two shelves to place our red wines and our drink glasses and serve as our little bar area.

Then next week we're going to Lowe's to pick out some nice light granite (for the whole kitchen, not just this part).

Then we'll get a new tile backsplash (still need to pick this out!)

And eventually, we'll have all the cabinets and shelving painted white. And we're also getting new floor tile.

This is all expected to hopefully happen this month, so hold onto your horses, it's gonna be a crazy ride!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top